Monday, August 9, 2010

A Little Update...

Wow, May 11th? The last time I wrote a blog post was May 11th? Unacceptable.



Moving on, today is August 9th, 2010. A good day to document since a date like 8-9-10 doesn't happen very often. I'm lying on the couch watching Real Housewives of New Jersey. Gosh I hate/love this show. These people are ridiculous, but I must stay tuned.

I'm pretty proud of myself because I made tomato, basil and mozzarella pasta for dinner, with no recipe. It turned out really good, if I don't say so myself. (And got Josh's stamp of approval as well.) I want to start cooking dinner more often. I think I will when the weather starts cooling off. It has been so unbearably hot here; I haven't wanted to use the oven or stove. Anytime we cook, we grill. Speaking of grilling, we are hosting another bbq this weekend. I'm excited because we've had it "planned" for almost a year. This is our first year with our own house, patio, backyard, firepit, outdoor table, grill, etc., and I've come to realize we love to entertain. We also have a smoker, so maybe we'll use that too.



I honestly cannot wait until fall. Fall is by far my favorite season. I love absolutely everything about it. Wait, I love everything about it except the fact that it means winter comes next. But I really love fall because of the colors, the smells, the crops, cider mills, pumpkins, and the holidays starting and of course, FOOTBALL. I think we're going to skip the UofM games this year, save some money and watch from home. I have a feeling they won't be doing excellent this year anyway...but we can hope.

So that's what I'm looking forward to; fall (and everything that comes along with it), hosting parties and actually not being in school for the first fall season since I was four years old. I will be in school again, but I'm definitely taking a much needed year off. I accomplished my degree, but still have no idea what I'm going to do. So, there's that...

Hmm...what else is new? Oh! I've been running in the mornings before work. Ok, well, it's only been 2 weeks but I plan to keep doing it, 4-5 times a week. I really want to get healthy. That being said...I ruined whatever good I did today with my pasta and about 4 Paula Deen cookies. I know, I know. Tomorrow is a new day. I have also been considering switching from coffee to tea. We'll see how that goes.


Since this is a makeup/beauty blog, I guess I should talk a little about it. I'm really excited about the Eye of the Day I came up with for work today. I tried something a little different, putting MAC Bare Study Paint Pot (a shimmery white/beige colored base) all over my eye. I topped it off with MAC Phloof! Eyeshadow (Shimmery off white) from lash line all the way to the brow bone. I used a 224 Brush to put MAC Wedge Eyeshadow (a medium toned brown) in the crease, just to add a little dimension. Then I used my new E.L.F. gel liner in Midnight (a deep navy) and made bold line on my upper lash line with a winged out edge. Then I used a Rimmel eyeliner (I can't remember the name but it's a navy color as well) on the lower lash line. Finished with MAC Zoom Lash Mascara and I was good to go. Took me all of 5 minutes but I really loved the way it turned out. Note to self: Experiment More.



I also need to invest in a night time eye cream. I’ve heard you are supposed to start using them in your early 20’s and I’ve already noticed some fine lines around my eyes and nearly panicked. I need to also look for a face wash containing Benzoyl Peroxide because I know I’m going to break out with the weather changing in the next month or so and I don’t think my skin reacts to Salicylic Acid. Benzoyl Peroxide is a harder ingredient to find than Salicylic Acid so this should be fun. Very interesting, I know.



I think I may do one more blog post before bed, perhaps an updated Go To Products? Lots have changed since April :)



Talk at you soon, Forensic Files just came on.



Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment