Friday, August 13, 2010

Aces or Disgraces?

This will be my version of the "In and Out" or "Sexy vs. Skanky" topics. The 'Aces' are things I'm excited about, have been loving, or want to try. The 'Disgraces' are things that I'm just over or that are bumming me out. Not the best title but, that's all my creative-less brain could come up with at the moment. Let's see how many I can think of!







Aces


Fall! I'm so excited for the fall season I can't even stand it. It's not just fall, it's everything that goes along with fall. My whole personality changes in the fall time. I know spring is supposed to be a time or new beginnings but I really feel that way in the fall. I'm so excited for the things coming up that I'm just a happier person all around. I love the football games, the sound of the marching band and chanting the Michigan fight song, I love eating Panera Bread on lazy Sunday afternoons with my boyfriend. I love the colors that change in our makeup, nails and clothing. I love starting a big pot of chili in the morning and sprinkling the cheese on top with a dollop of sour cream right before I devour it. I love bonfires with big fleeces and a Bud Lite, I love sleeping with the windows open letting a nice cool breeze in, I love the smells and colors of all the leaves falling and the pumpkins and gourds ready to be picked, I love going to Three Cedars Farm and Cider Mill and of course, I love the upcoming holidays. There's nothing not to love about fall time. Ahh I can't wait! Ok, moving on...






Gel eyeliner. I have four of them. E.L.F. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Midnight and a Wet 'n Wild Mega Eyes Cream Liner in Eggplant and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Dipdown, They all work well, and I've neglected them. I've been so into smudging my eyeliner out that I forgot what my eyes looked like with a nice straight liner all the way around them. I think gel liners make the easiest winged out line and you can make the as thick or thin as you'd like. I wore it today for the first time in months and I really liked it. Plus, I don't want them to dry out so; I better get crackin'.






Routine. I've been running every morning and I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. Even if I don't have a lot of time or energy, I still do my work out. I think getting into the habit of it is going to be the hardest part. I hate running, I really do but when I'm done I feel so accomplished. Not only am I going to be healthier for it, I'm hoping to lose a great deal of weight before Christmas...updates to follow.






Nude Nails. I'm not talking clear nail polish here. I love nude colors like Desert Haze by E.L.F. and Grey Suede by Revlon. They perform the same task on your hands as nude pumps would for your legs. They make them look longer and leaner. These colors also look so different on different skin tones so everyone looks unique.






D.I.Y. I am totally in to home renovations right now. I always have been, I watch HGTV and DIY Network religiously but I've only had my own place for about 8 months. I've been consumed with wanting to update this place for so long. When we first moved in, I made some minor changes, like reorganizing and painting the main rooms (living room, bathroom and kitchen- in that order) and putting up pictures and what not. Our next renovation will be the bathroom on the first floor and the kitchen. The boyfriend and I have been staying up late at night, just talking about what we want in the kitchen, measuring things out, researching galley kitchens online...basically dreaming. We don't want to do so many improvements that we go above the value of our home because we plan on selling within 10 years. I've always wanted an apron front farmhouse sink. I had all but given up on that, though, because of the hefty cost. However, I went to Ikea today with my sister and while we were walking around the model rooms, I heard her say "Ew, I hate this sink!" I walked over to see what she was looking at and BAM! It's an apron front. Now, I'm used to seeing sinks like this one priced anywhere from $500-$3,000. The price tag on the Ikea sink: priceless. Nah, I'm just kidding it was $299.00 Yes! A 36" apron front porcelain sink for under 300 dollars!






Whoa, did I just go on a tangent or what? Needless to say, I can't wait to get started on this remodel. :)










Now time for the Disgraces.


The vampire craze. I cannot even put into words how annoyed I am with the whole vampire scene. I don't care about Twilight, let alone all the other shows that are made to resemble it. I'm sick to death of hearing about True Blood, The Twilight Saga and Vampire Diaries. How long will this trend continue? Now I know how my step brothers felt when I was obsessed with *NSYNC and Hanson. The worst part is that it's not only kids that are engrossed in this movement; there's teenagers, twenty-somethings, even adults impatiently waiting for the next installment of Twilight to emerge. Blood sucking creatures were cool for a second when I was younger and Interview with a Vampire came out. Come to think of it; wasn't that when Tom Cruise was cool too? I can't stomach the hype that comes before, during and after these wretched movies releases. I don't care to see those "actors" from the movies anymore. I honestly feel that I'm the only one who isn't into it. I better just leave it at that.






While we're on the 'pop culture' phase of disgraces, I have to include the "anyone-who-was-ever-famous-for-anything-in-their-life-can-have-their-own-reality-show-about-nothing" thing that's currently going on. Who doesn't have their own show? Come on! Ochocinco? Don't even get me started on how that's not really how you say 85 in Spanish. Gene Simmons? Who cares about you anymore?! The TO Show? Boring slash weird. I'm sure he has a really hard time finding a mate. And why on earth do people still pay attention to Paris Hilton. Over it! Along with this is all the celebrity competition shows. Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Apprentice...Don't get me wrong, I love reality TV. I mean if I didn't watch that, what really would I watch? Real Housewives and Teen Mom are personal favorites...celebs need to give normal people the chance to shine.






Perez Hilton. I don’t really need to elaborate on this one…but I will. I cannot stand him. Now, does that mean I’ll “unfollow” him on Twitter? No. I need to know what’s going on gossip wise, even though lately, he hasn’t said anything worthwhile. I’m beyond sick of this person. He is one of the most annoying people on the planet. I was actually happy when the guy from Black Eyed Peas punched him. Doesn’t he know how stupid he looks when he addresses Lady Gaga as “Wifey”? Seriously? She never ever responds. He needs to stop acting like a fool and keep to himself. Most of Hollywood can’t stomach him. He doesn’t even report facts as much as his stupid opinion on everything and everyone. He acts like he is a celebrity himself only no one is supposed to pick on him at all. He can pick on everyone else, draw inappropriate things on their pictures and act like they are all best friends. Like famous people just come over his house for pizza. The thing that makes me the most frustrated is that he is becoming a celebrity because of all the hatred toward him. He’d accept any form of attention; which is sad because all he does is sit on the computer all day on Twitter and his blog. Someone needs to knock him down a peg…or just knock him out. Ok, got that out of my system.


The last “disgrace” I have for this time around is free samples. Of course I love most of them, who doesn’t? The ones I have a problem with are the ones that don’t give you enough to actually try the product. I recently received a sample of Frederic Fekkai Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner. I was excited because I’ve been itching to try it and it’s pretty expensive to buy, not knowing if you like it or not. But the little packet the product came in was barely enough to do half my hair. Don’t get me started on the packaging. I know it’s just a sample but those packets are nearly impossible to open! I have to open them and then set them upright in the shower until I’m ready to wash my hair because you can forget about trying to open them when your hands are wet. I must have 8 other sample packets in my bathroom drawer. I think samples need to be a little bigger with easier to open packaging because it would make me more apt to try them and purchase them if they’re what I’m looking for!






Well that’s all for me, I’m off to take a shower and get ready for work. It’s Friday the 13th so maybe a horror movie is in order for tonight? Thanks for reading!






-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment