Monday, August 9, 2010

Updated Go-To Products!

I am going to post my "Go-To" Products again because the last time I did this was April. A lot has changed in 4 months, including the weather, trends and of course, my tastes. So, here we go:


Primer
Currently, I'm not using a primer at all. If I do, it's rare but I'll either use my Rimmel Fix & Perfect (which I used to loathe) or Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base on my t-zone. But typically, I apply my foundation right over my moisturizer.


Foundation
My foundation is ahhmazing. I cannot say enough good things about it. I'm currently using Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in 110 Porcelain Ivory. Not Dream MATTE Mousse, but Dream SMOOTH Mousse. This foundation came out about a month ago, I'd say, and I'm in love! It provides medium to full coverage and leaves your face with a healthy, dewy glow. I apply it with a 187 brush and it looks flawless!


Concealer
Ahh, finally I end my battle with concealers. I've found my concealing soul mate and it's name is Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque. This concealer has a peachy tone to it, which helps cancel out dark circles. I also found it at the CCO so I saved a few bucks, which is always nice. I apply this concealer with either a fluffy brush or a flat concealer brush, both work wonders. I'm not saying this is forever my HG concealer, but for now, we have a winner :)


Setting Powder
I really have been loving my CoverGirl TruBlends Mineral Powder in Translucent/Fair. It looks dark in the jar but it's a perfect match. It isn't completely matte, so it leaves a good finish on top of my Maybelline foundation. I really like this powder for setting my makeup!


Blush
I absolutely love my MAC Stereo Rose MSF. It is such a pretty coral/pink color and gives a glow at the same time. I want to use it everyday, but I'm afraid I'll waste it if I do!! I can't imagine getting my hands on another!

Contour/bronzer
I really like my Milani Sunset Duo in Sunset City. I have never used the blush from it because it's rather small. But I love the bronzer part. It looks like it would be too dark for me but it really isn't. It's not muddy or orange either, which is a big deal. There are minimal sparkles but they work with the glowy face I've got going on this summer.


Cream Highlight
I gotta give LolaMarie7 (on YouTube) a shout out right now. She created this tag and I love that she put "Cream Highlight" and "Highlight" in separate categories. Now I don't have to choose between the two! For a cream highlight, I'll go with my E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal. I've heard this is a dupe for a Benefit product but I'm not sure. Lilac Petal is a taupe/lavender color and it gives a really nice glow on the nose or cheekbone. Blends really well too.

Highlight
I'd say MAC Perfect Topping MSF. This Mineralize SkinFinish is a cream color with gold, orange, peach and purple veining throughout. It does an excellent job at highlighting and doesn't look too powdery.

Mascara
My Go-To mascara of the moment has to be MAC Zoom Lash. I never thought I'd like a MAC mascara, I've only heard negative things about them, but I do. I got this as a free sample with a code I had for free shipping one day and I really ended up liking it. It reminds me a little of Maybelline Lash Stilettos, so maybe I'll have to give that one another go.

Eye Shadow
This is hard, I'm going to have to pick more than one. The eyeshadows I reach for most often are Stila Kitten, MAC Shroom, MAC Wedge and MAC Warming Trend. All neutrals, as usual.

Eye Liner
Has to be Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon. A deep chocolate brown with gold flecks. It doesn't irritate my eyes like other pencils can.

Lip Liner
I still never, ever wear lip liner but if I do, I'd say NYX Rose. It's a bright vivid pink color that makes your lips pop.

Lipstick
Probably MAC Shy Girl. It's the perfect coral-nude color. If I'm not sure what to wear, I wear that.

Lip Gloss
The lipgloss I find myself reaching for most often is probably Loreal Colour Juice in Bubble Gum. It smells great and the color is a milky, opaque peachy color. It's a similar color to Revlon Peach Petal Superlustrious Lipgloss from the new collection, only difference is the applicator. I like the tube better than the wand. This looks great over a lot of different lipsticks or alone.

Eyebrow
I don't do anything to my eyebrows so...

Makeup Brushes
The makeup brushes I use nearly every day are 187, 150, 194, 239, 224, Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush, E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush and E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush.


Nail Polish
I have been really into nudes, greys and muddy browns lately, much like everyone else. My favorites are E.L.F. Smoky Brown, E.L.F. Desert Haze, OPI You Don't Know Jacques, Essie Playa Del Platinum, Revlon Grey Suede, Rimmel Steel Grey...you get the picture.


Well, those are my Go-To Products as of August, 2010. What are yours?

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment