Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Tag!


I was browsing holiday blog topics on Google and came across this survey type tag...brings me back to the old days of MySpace bulletins :)

But before I start the questions, I just wanted to give a shout out to my very best friend in the whole wide world, Lindsay. She lives 4 hours away from me currently (sad face) but we still talk every single day. She finally decided to start a blog tonight and I couldn't be more excited! Go check her out!! ->
Worry Ends Where Faith Begins

Ok, here we go!

Christmas Tag!
1.) Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? I'd say wrapping paper. Ever since I was little I've loved wrapping gifts. Especially perfectly square or rectangle ones! Gift bags are helpful for lots of small or odd shaped packages though.
2.) Tree; Real or Fake? Fake. As much as I like the smell and look of a real tree, it's just too much to keep up with! Plus you only have to purchase a fake tree once!
3.) When do you put the tree up? I always get so anxious to put it up. This year, we put it up the weekend after Halloween. Hey-the holiday season starts November 1st as far as I'm concerned.
4.) When do you take the tree down? The week after New Years. Once the holidays are over I become a little bored with them. I take everything down in hopes that the cold weather will go away with them.
5.) Like Eggnog? LOVE eggnog is more like it. Guernsey's to be more specific. I sometimes like to mix it with a little milk because it can be so thick...I really feel bad for people that live where Guernsey's isn't available :)
6.) Do you have a Nativity Scene? Nope just icicle lights.
7.) Favorite Gift Received as a Child? I think it would be my Tiffany's Necklace. It's a pad lock type one and I can't seem to find it right now. I moved 3 times last year so it's my mission to locate it before the end of December 2010.
8.) Hardest person to buy for? Probably my dad. He has everything he needs and if he wants something he usually buys it for himself.
9.) Easiest person to buy for? I think that would be my mom. She never spends money on herself and I see her so often that I know exactly what she wants.
10.) Worst Gift?  I can't really think of a bad gift I've received. 11.) Mail or E-mail Christmas cards? Mail. I didn't send any this year and I'm trying not to feel guilty about it. I just think it wastes more paper and I'm going to tell most of them "Merry Christmas" in person anyway.
12.) Favorite Christmas Movie? I really love The Grinch with Jim Carrey, Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Cranks, Elf, Christmas Story...I just love everything Christmas I guess.
13.) When do you start shopping for Christmas presents? Throughout the year, if I see something I think someone would like, I pick it up and put it in the Christmas bag. I usually end up giving those presents away for everyone's Birthday's during the year but I like to do a little at a time. I have 3 more things to pick up and I'm done.
14.) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have. My Aunt gave me a candle shaped like a dog with a note inside about how it was a "precious family heirloom." That gift seems to be re-gifted annually.
15.) Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Sounds odd, but breakfast. I look forward to the big breakfast on Christmas morning. Our family doesn't have a typical Christmas dinner. Of course I can't forget about the cookies and Aunt Joanie's Toffee though ;)
16.) Clear or colored tree lights? Clear for sure.
17.) Favorite Christmas Song? Mariah Carey-All I want for Christmas is You, N*Sync-Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Aaron Neville-Come Home for Christmas (the Eagles version is a close second), Wham-Last Christmas (NOT the Taylor Swift version, it's horrible.) :)
18.) Home or Travel? Home please.
19.) Store-bought or handmade? I wish I had enough time/creativity to hand-make gifts. But they can sometimes end up being more expensive than store-bought anyway!
20.) Angel or Star as a tree-topper? Neither. A big bow instead.
21.) Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? Christmas Eve at my Dad's, Christmas Day at my Mom's. 
22.) Most annoying thing about this time of year? The stress and rushing. And the bitter cold weather.
23.) Bake at home or buy? Definitely bake at home! Baking's my favorite!
24.) Lights outside? Yup, our first year! Icicles.
25.) Mistletoe? I've never actually seen any in person other than at a store once. So I guess no.

This tag was so much fun! I tag everyone but specifically Jenny and Lindsay :)


See you guys soon!
-Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment