Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mixing Metals?

So it's trendy now to mix metals with your accessories now, right? Gold and silver strands in necklaces, belts, bracelets and shoes. Metallics are really popular and I'm jumping on that bandwagon.

It all started when...
Well, I was at Meijer, grocery shopping on a Friday night, you know how I do. Anyway, I always stop by the makeup section because they have good prices and really great sales. Meijer has their own brand of tools and nail polishes, called Stuido M. Most of the colors don't usually catch my eye but they have a holiday collection out and some of the colors were actually really gorgeous, and only $2.99!!
So I bought a silver metallic color, figuring I could wear it during the holidays or for New Year's Eve. Then I ventured out to the Revlon section and Meijer is having a clearance sale on basically all cosmetics so about half of all the Revlon polishes were marked way down. I've been on the hunt for a cheaper gold color lately, not clear with gold glitter, just gold. I found a sheer but pretty polish for another 3 bucks and threw it in the cart.

I'll save you from the rest of my grocery shopping trip and cut to the chase.
On Saturday afternoon I decided to paint the silver on my nails for a Christmas party I had later that night. It looked ok...[I personally don't agree with the rule that silver looks better on fair skintones and gold on darker] but not too special. I saw my gold Revlon shade sitting there and thought to my self "I wonder how it would look over this silver..."
I tested it out on a piece of paper and needless to say I decided to go for it. I actually got a few compliments on my nails that night and I really liked the way it turned out. I think this may be the start of mixing different polishes and being more creative for me. I hope you guys give it a try as well!

Cute name, huh?



Both polishes are beautiful on their own but together...amazing!

The silver alone



Siiilver and gold, siiiilver and gold...-I don't know the rest of the words.

Hope you guys enjoy this!

Tweet me!! @ep3074

No comments:

Post a Comment