Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuck in a rut?

Hey there!

I have been severely slacking on videos lately...well actually on everything. I've been in kind of a funk this past month. I"m not feeling the whole fresh start for the new year thing. But I'm trying...

So I only lost a total of two pounds this year. I'm following Weight Watchers except a few choice days when I decided not to track. I've been attending Zumba regularly. I want it, I do.

It's not a matter of lacking knowledge or resources to get to my goal. It's a will power/motivation thing. I have all the knowledge about living a healthy lifestyle and losing all the weight in the world. I know not to eat past 7pm, what foods to stay away from. I know that I have to workout daily and change up my routine. I just need to get my but in motion!

It's a weird feeling really, it's like when you say "If I had a treadmill; I'd use it every day!" No, you wouldn't. You might for a week. Or every once in a while. But having it at your fingertips sometimes isn't enough to make you do things you don't like to do.

I hate exercising. Let me rephrase that...I despise exercising. I only do it because I know I'll get results and it's good for me. I am just not an exercising type of person, I get bored very easily.
Zumba has helped with this a lot, though, because I do love Zumba. Like our instructor, Derrica, says "Ditch the workout, join the party!" It's a blast but it's also very hard and I Zumba about 2-3 times a week now.


Okay, let's talk goals. Missions, destinations, objections, targets...GOALS.
GOAL #1 Writing all goals down. This will help me know that they are on paper, other people will read them...so it will be harder for me to ignore them.
GOAL #2 Make goals that aren't impossible to keep up with and/or achieve.
GOAL #3 As of today, I'm done eating past 7pm. The only exceptions being a) if I'm starving, I'll allow myself fruit or a weight watchers ice cream and b) if I'm out to dinner late one night, which shouldn't be very often. ( And I'll try to be good while I'm there.)
GOAL #4 Lose 2 lbs per week. I'd be ecstatic if I lost 3 per week but I know that is a great feat in itself so I'll be happy with 2. I want to keep losing and get off the "lost a pound, put on two, lost three pounds, put two back on" cycle I'm currently experiencing.
GOAL #5 Track all food i eat. No matter what.
And finally...GOAL #6 WORK OUT. Either do my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, Bob Harper DVD, Yoga DVD or Zumba at least 3 days a week.

The reason for the 2-3 lb per week goal is because I'm one of 12 bridesmaids in my good friend's wedding September 10th, 2011. I am hoping to be to my goal weight (135) by then...but I realize that may be extremely difficult. But hey, that's what "goals" are.


Alright...I hope this entertained  or motivated anyone who is in the same boat I'm in, let's do this together!

-Liz

1 comment: