Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ins and Outs

Now, normally I'd call these my "Aces vs Disgraces" but I'm just not feeling that title anymore...so let's put that in the "Out" category tonight.

Ins

Using Products Up- I've been really trying to use the products I have before starting new ones. I've used a bunch of my shampoos and conditioners from underneath my sink (I have a bad habit of using half a bottle and buying a new one to try) and concentrating on certain beauty products I want to finish. Currently, I'm working on my eye cream, a few concealers and powders. I love the feeling of being done with something. But then again, if I love it enough to use it completely, I'll be kind of sad when it's gone.

Spring Cleaning- A good part of my four day weekend was spent cleaning and I'm not even sad about it. I actually like cleaning and I've been deep cleaning some rooms that have been neglected.
My bedroom- It's very hard to clean this room because Josh and I are rarely home at the same time and it's impossible to clean anything with a puppy running around. Every towel/sock/shirt I pick up, Duke grabs out of my hand because he thinks it's a game. So when we both were home all day Saturday, I took advantage and really cleaned our room. It just feels so nice to go to bed when there's no piles of clothes on the floor. And our room looks a lot bigger, too.
Bathroom- You know when you "clean" the bathroom but you don't really clean it? I finally got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed each corner. Feels so nice to relax in a bubble bath in a sparkling clean bathroom.
More rooms to come.

Sweet Tea- I gave up sweet tea...not for lent but when I was hearing about everything other people were giving up, I decided to give it a try as well. So from Ash Wednesday til today I haven't had a drop. And I LOVE sweet tea. I am totally getting one on the way to class tomorrow...which leads me into my Outs.

Outs

School- I know I'm almost done. 4 more times per class, to be exact, but I just want to be done. With my Monday night class, it's one of those that just feels so simple and easy to me that it's actually painful to sit there and go over each thing twenty times for the one person who doesn't get it. I rarely learn anything new anymore and I'm just ready to be done. Especially since I work all day, then have class 6-9pm when it's still light out and other people are having fun. Boo. My Tuesday class is a little more challenging but I still can't wait to be done.

Job Searching- Believe me, if I could find a decent job right now, no matter where it is, I'd take it. I've sent out 20+ resumes every weekend and haven't heard a thing. It's so hard to get a job these days, I feel defeated. I thought for sure being in the health care field would help but so far, nothing. I know I just have to keep pushing, I just wish someone would throw me a bone.

Holidays that feel more like work- Every holiday, be it Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter or any of the hundreds of birthdays in our families, become so stressful. For four years now, we've been splitting time up between our families. It's definitely gotten better, the first year, our families scheduled dinner at the exact same minute and we'd get yelled at for staying at one house and not the other constantly, but it's still a challenge. I don't know how people with kid's do it. Josh actually dreads the holidays now, which makes him in a bad mood and then me in a bad mood and we're rushing and making sure Duke is taken care of and rushing some more to make sure we see each set of parents (there's three) and it's exhausting!
It really hit us hard this year when both our families told us they didn't plan anything for Easter and that they were just going to stay home and not have people over...and then both decided to have Easter dinner an hour apart. Isn't that the worst, when you think you get to relax but then you actually have to go to two houses!? It was fun, and it always is, the process is just stressful. I guess that's what wine is for.

Okay, so that's my Ins and Outs as of April 9, 2012. Hope you enjoyed my rants. I think I'll do an updated 40 Beauty Questions Tag next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment