Monday, March 29, 2010

40 BEAUTY QUESTIONS TAG!!

I'm just gonna say I was tagged by someone who tagged everyone :) Yay for my first tag!

SKINCARE

How many times do you wash your face daily?
I want to say twice...but it's usually only once. I usually take a shower at night, so I was my face in the shower and then I put my lotion and eye cream on and some spot treatment if needed and then when I wake up in the morning, unless my face feels really greasy I normally just use toner and start my makeup process from there. I don't want to wash it too much and risk my face drying out.

What type of skin do you have?
I have combination/oily and acne prone skin :-/

What is your current facial wash?
I use Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. I have a thing about face washes. I refuse to use one that is just a foaming cleanser. I feel like they don't really get the makeup off all the way or get really into my pores unless it's slightly abrasive. I think the Aveeno scrub has a good balance of cleansing power and just enough "gritty-ness." I have noticed my skin tone is has evened itself out, which is one of the claims. I want to try the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Scrub but I already have 2 extra bottles of the Skin Brightening Scrub because I bought them for about half price in the short-lived bulk section at Target.

Do you exfoliate?
I kind of look at my cleanser/scrub as a daily exfoliator. But once or twice a week, I use St. Ive's Blemish and Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. I feel like this would be way too abrasive to use everyday but it's good especially if you've been gardening or sweating all day. You can use it on your body too, you feel so fresh after. I've been using that product for years, like before I even cared about makeup. Highly recommended :)

What brand do you use?
See above! I really should learn to read all the questions first...

What moisturizer do you use?
I used to use the Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer and it worked really well. It didn't cause me to break out and it moisturized enough without feeling greasy. When my bottle ran out I decided to try something new, my face was clear and I was looking more to illuminate my skin. So I tried Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer. I loved how it looked and felt but who was I kidding? The only reason my skin looked good was because of the products I was using before. So then came the breakouts...I needed to switch back to the Dual Action but I opted for the CVS brand instead. Seems to be doing a great job for about $2 less. Score.

Do you have freckles?
More in the summertime all over my nose. I kind of like them.

Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I'm trying to be better at using it nightly. I use Clinique All About Eyes.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes, I have sensitive skin that is acne prone, especially if I don't stick to a routine.

Did you ever have to use Proactiv?
Yes I did use it for a few months. I was desperate to clear my skin and my mom bought it for me. The moisturizer was the smallest bottle yet I always had so much of that left over. The toner was extremely drying. Not for me.

MAKEUP

What foundation do you use?
I use Revlon PhotoReady. I know there is a lot of controversy about this product but I really like it. I don't find it too shimmery. I just wish it had a little fuller coverage. But I love the pump!

How about concealer?
I LOVE my Clinique Advanced Concealer. I love how it dries into almost a powder like finish. It sets itself and doesn't budge. Terrific concealer.

Do you know your undertone color?
I've never had anyone at MAC tell me what my shade is but I know I have pink undertones. I don't even get tan, I just get pink. Plus my veins are blue.

What do you think of false eyelashes?
I don't know how to apply them, I don't really think they're worth it unless you're going to a really special event of some sort. I've never even used an eyelash curler. I'm fortunate to already have thick, long lashes so I'm grateful for that.

Did you know you're supposed to change your mascara every three months?
Yes, I've heard that. I go by how the mascara feels. If it is still fine with no clumps I'll let it go a little longer, especially since I'm the only one who uses it. If it starts to dry out, I'll throw it out early.

What brand mascara do you use?
Honestly, the only high end mascara I've tried is Clinique. My current favorite is Rimmel Maxx Volume Flash. It really does add volume. If I'm going out somewhere at night, or I want to be a little more fancy, I'll use the Rimmel mascara first and then I'll use Rimmel Glam 'Eyes Lash Flirt on the ends of my lashes. It really separates and lengthens. Ta Daa...perfect lashes!

Sephora or MAC?
Oh that's a tough one. It's hard to even compare. Sephora carries all kinds of wonderful brand name products and MAC only carries one. A better question would have been Sephora or Ulta...but stop, Biz, that wasn't the case. I really don't think I can choose. Both!

Do you have a MAC Pro Card?
Nope :( One day.

What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I use a ton of brushes and Q-Tips.

Do you use a makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion first-always. Then if I feel like I need a base I'll use a MAC Paint Pot or a NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil. Creasing makes me cringe.

For the face?
The first primer I owned was a Revlon Age Defying one that I got on clearance for about 2 bucks and I happened to love it. But I'm currently in love with the LOREAL Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base. It makes your skin feel so soft and also mattifies it immediately. Lovely.

What is your favorite eye shadow (color or shade)?
Oh I have so many favorites. But it ultimately boils down to Truffle by Ulta and Satin Taupe by MAC. I'm also currently loving Garnet by Lorac (which I bought for a steal!!) Lorac has such good texture, perfect for blending. And I've always liked coppery shades to go with my blue eyes.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I normally use pencil just because it's faster but if I have time I like to use a gel eyeliner. Rarely ever liquid.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner?
Rarely. Its normally the mascara that gets me.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Ok, here we go. I love the color payoff of pigments. They are gorgeous. I just think they make such a mess. I need to try and press my pigments when i get a chance. My sister uses nothing but loose shadows. I just hate fallout and find them time consuming. It feels like they weren't finished when i bought them or something. I don't know, I really need to just press them and get over myself.

Do you use mineral makeup?
Rarely. I used to use Bare Minerals and then I swore by the Maybelline Mineral Power but I've just been trying so many different things, I stopped using them. I do love a good mineral veil though.

What is your favorite lipstick?
That's another hard question. I've really been into Viva Glam Gaga-I know overhyped, overrated, whatever, I love it. I also frequently use E.L.F. Natural Nymph and Revlon Baby Pink.

What about lipgloss?
MAC Little Vi and Maybelline Born with It.

What's your favorite blush to use?
My all time favorite blush is Physician's Formula Baked Blush in Baked Berry. When the ban is up I need to buy backups on Amazon. I also love NYX Powder Blush in Natural.

Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
I never have before, no. It's a lot of work to make sure they aren't fakes.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it. Just like with high end makeup, there are things that are fabulous and things that are nothing special. A lot of products that I have a drugstore version and a high end version of, I like the drugstore just as much or more than the high end version. Of course, for collection reasons, I love all the pretty packages of MAC, Urban Decay and other more expensive brands ;)

Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
Yes! I hit up my CCO as much as I can. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is almost 2 hours away. But you can't beat the deals and the products that are discontinued at the MAC or Clinique counters. I remember the first time I watched a CCO haul video on YouTube. I was like, "Wait...wait...what? How could I have not known about this?"

Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Yes, I think I may still. There's always more to learn and I think I have a knack for it.

Are you clumsy putting on makeup?
I try not to be. And once you have a standard everyday routine down, everything pretty much falls into place. I also have a touch of OCD so...that helps. But then again sometimes I'll get into the car and look in the daylight and it's like "what happened?"

Name a makeup crime that you hate.
Ughhh, when someone's foundation ends at their chin and it's not blended into their neck at all! Like they have a mask on or something.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipsticks, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I really want to love colorful stuff but it's just not me. For night I might use purple eyeshadow or something but I like light lips, nudes, pinks and for eyes I like taupes, tans, greens, browns. You can't go wrong that way.

Which celebrity always has good makeup?
Kim Kardashian! I'm working on some tutorials of hers. She is absolutely gorgeous. I love her nude lips and dark eyes with defined cheeks.

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Ahh, this makes me nervous just thinking about it! I'd have to say foundation. But I think I'd need concealer and eyeliner and mascara as well. Alright, foundation. Final answer.

Could you ever leave the house with no makeup on?
Yes, and, sorry to say, I have before. To the drugstore or gas station. But I just feel more confident with makeup on, even if its mineral.

Do you think you look good without makeup on?
I think I'm ok without it. Its just my dark circles and imperfections that bother me.

In your opinion, what's the BEST makeup line?
That's too hard to pick but if I had to, I guess I'd say MAC. But I love drugstore lines as well.

What do you think of makeup?
I love it! Its such a fun way to express yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment