Monday, March 29, 2010

TAG!!

At the risk of blog overload, I'm going to do another tag. I want to do all the tags I can without having to make a video of them.

My Go To Products. Go to products are not necessarily your all time favorite products, but products you reach for on a day-to-day basis. For instance, I love NYX black eyeshadow but its not practical for going to class at 8 am...


My Go To Products
Primer
The easiest one to grab when I'm in a hurry is Revlon Age Defying Primer. I heard it has a weird smell but I don't smell it, I think it works great.
Foundation

Revlon PhotoReady is my everyday foundation. It blends into my skin so nicely. All I have to do is dot it all over my face and then blend in with my brush.

Concealer
Clinique Advanced Concealer. A little on the yellow side but it helps to cancel out dark purple/blue circles under my eyes. Dries almost like a powder and you need the littlest bit...I think it will last me forever! Its completely matte and doesn't move after you apply it. Love it!

Setting Powder

For this I also have to say Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Setting Powder. It looks very white in the pan but on your face, applied with a kabuki, it looks so nice. Your face looks soft but not dull. I already hit pan on this so I'm going to be a little sad if it runs out before May!

Blush

Now this is one of those "this isn't my absolute favorite, but it's what I reach for everyday..." My go to blush is NYX Powder Blush in Dusty Rose. Nice, taupe-y pink color that leaves you looking natural and not too dramatic for everyday. I like it better for winter time, I switch on and off between that and the same blush in Natural. So cute. I usually put my blush and bronzer/contour on a little heavy and then blend them all in with a MAC MSF.

Contour/Bronzer

This has got to be N.Y.C. Bronzer in Sunny. Its a perfect bronzer because you don't have to be careful with it like other bronzers...you can just slap this on and blend. I love it because its Matte so I can wear it everyday and it looks natural. The best part about this bronzer is that its like $3.00! I had heard that it was being discontinued but in EmilyNoel83's latest video (love her by the way) she said that it wasn't so...yay for that!!

Highlight

Most of the time I jut run my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Perfect Topping over the top of my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. But...if I remember, I will use Wet n Wild Mega Glo Powder Illuminator, I just swipe the two lightest shades with an angled brush and put it on the highest part of my cheek bones and my nose. You really can't beat it for the price.

Mascara

Definitely Rimmel Maxx Volume Flash, I can't say enough good things about this mascara. I just adore it.

Eyeshadow

My go to eyeshadow combination for everyday is Ulta Truffle on the lid, MAC Satin Taupe in the crease and one of the lightest colors from the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. So easy to do and is very neutral. And, if I want to go to dinner or something after work, all I have to do is put a little black in the outer v and voila!

Eyeliner

I think this one will have to be Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Deep Brown. Sometimes black eyeliner can be a little harsh for the daytime, at least on me. I love this particular eyeliner from Ulta. The purple one that I thought would be amazing, Raisin, actually makes my eyes water until it wears off. The brown one is fabulous for everyday though and you don't have to worry about sharpening it or for that matter getting poked in the eye. I used to swear by Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil but for some reason, lately, it seems to be smearing down my face when I wear it and that's no fun for anyone.

Lipstick

It's going to have to be Viva Glam Gaga. This is one of those lipsticks that you can put on without a mirror. One layer and it looks so pretty and dainty and if you want it to be more opaque you can apply more. I always have this one in my purse.

Lipgloss

I really don't have a go to lip gloss. I like lip gloss and everything I just don't put it on every morning because I am probably going to eat breakfast and I'm only going to work. If I had to pick one it would be Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss in Cherry Bomb. It looks good and smells a hundred times better. But, for the sake of this tag, every night and every morning I put on Nivea Kiss of Moisture lip balm/stick. I don't necessarily hate the natural color of my lips so as long as they are smooth and moisturized, I'm alright. And since last week, I've been using Smith's Rosebud Salve religiously. So I guess that is considered "go to." It gives your lips a "I just ate a red Popsicle about an hour ago" look...which, if you're wondering, is cute.

Brows

I usually put ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara on my eyebrows to help them stay put throughout the day. I know, very exciting.

Brushes
Honestly all but 5 of my brushes are ELF. I have a bent eyeliner brush and an angled eyeliner brush from Sonia Kashuk, 2 eye shadow brushes from Studio Tools and an angled blush brush from some unknown brand...I just remember it is pink and works well. I use a kabuki, a foundation brush, a flat top powder brush, a blush brush, a million angled eyeshadow brushes, flat shader eye shadow brushes, crease brushes, some fluffy blending brushes and a lip brush that I use to put shadow underneath lower lash line.
Pictures coming soon, I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment