Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Favorites!!

Ok so here is my first favorites blog. I really wanted to film this and finally upload a video but my face currently looks like Quagmire from Family Guy due to a horrible wisdom tooth removal so...yeah, I'll just type.

By the way, most of these are not makeup related...since I'm banned from buying it, I've been purchasing much more hair and bath products. I think that's probably the opposite of what I'm supposed to do. Oh well, enjoy!

                                
My first favorite is La Croix sparkling water. My favorite flavor is Grapefruit Pamplemousse, as they call it on the can. I love these because they are portable, they taste amazing and they are all natural with zero calories. Its a bonus that they are made in Warren, Michigan so I can support my Michigan economy! :)






My second favorite thing this month has definitely had to have been everything from the Liberty of London line at Target. This pattern in particular^^
I love the summery colors and the flower prints. The picture is of a file box we bought for all of our computer things so they aren't all over the living room. I also bought a picture frame and I hope everything gets "clearanced" so I can buy more, like some gardening or kitchen stuff. I also want a duvet if it ever hits stores. Flip flops in this pattern wouldn't kill me either. Too cute.





The next three things are bath/shower items. The first is the new Suave Shampoo in Rosemary Mint. It smells just like Aveda shampoo for so much cheaper. I think these bottles were $1.92, regular price. Sold! Both the shampoo and conditioner work very well, for my "normal" hair anyway. You also feel so refreshed and as the label on the bottle says: "invigorated." I also bought the almond one but have yet to try it...smells amazing though.

The next product isn't new by any means but I have been using it a lot. It is...da da na na...Rockstar Soap from Lush!! Seriously one of the best smells I have ever smelled. I want to take a bite of it. I cut pieces off and have one by my kitchen sink, bathroom sink, in the shower and one at work. Some of the guys there even like it.


My last bath/shower favorite has been St. Ive's Energizing Citrus Body Wash.
I've been using St. Ive's body wash for years, my usual favorite has been Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash because it smells like a dream and is super moisturizing, however, I think that smell is better for the wintertime and the Energizing Citrus is perfect for this lovely weather we're having...which by the way...NICE. I have the window open right now and I can hear kids riding bikes and playing outside. I saw the ice cream man yesterday. Could it be? Spring time in Michigan before April!? I sure hope so.

The next favorite for March is Pixi Stix Nail Polish by Orly. It comes with a mini lipgloss and it's just a perfect corally pink color for spring time. I wore a creamy green color to work and at least four guys that work with me said (at different times of the day) "yeah, don't wear that again, we don't like it." Ok, good to know, guys don't dig green nail polish. But anyway, haven't received any complaints so I guess it's a winner. I love it though, just a perfect nice creamy spring time color. I've been pushing spring a little early, in case you can't tell ;)


 The next favorite I've been loving this month is the LOREAL Studio Secrets Professionals Magic Perfecting Base. Whoa what a mouthful! Anyway, I just take a foundation brush, dip it in the pot and spread it on my face. It rubs in clear but you can tell where you put it because it turns your skin completely matte. It's amazing really. It does provide a really nice base for your foundation. I just wish the pot wasn't so small :( I will definitely repurchase!


And for the only makeup product to make it into my March Favorites...Clinique Advanced Concealer. Perfect! Like I mentioned before, it turns powder/matte when it dries so it basically sets itself. It covers up everything too! The only thing you have to be careful about is to make sure not to apply too much. I made that mistake the first time I used it and if you put too much on and blend it out, it turns too yellow-y and creases a little. But I'm glad you only have to use a tiny bit at a time, it will last me a really long time!


The next product is relatively new to me but so far I'm loving it. It's Badger Balm For Hardworking Hands. It comes in a pretty big tin for around $7.00 and I bought mine at Cracker Barrel. They have a nice selection for all kinds of needs. There is a sleep balm, a bug away balm, and a bunch of other natural, all organic balms and creams. This balm is a little oily but once it soaks into your skin it's nothing but moisturizing. Has a nice clean scent too.




The last favorite for March is Smith's Rosebud Salve. Now, I realize I'm jumping on the band wagon a little late but I just bought my first tin of this stuff and it is AMAZING. You can use it on your hands, elbows, pretty much everywhere. I use it mostly as a lip balm. It's not sticky and it really does smell like roses. I love it.

So there you have it, my first ever favorites blog post. Hopefully when it comes time to do an "April Favorites," I'll be able to film and upload a video! Thanks for reading! Comment and Follow!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment