Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Babble

I'm trying my hardest not to fall asleep at this very moment. This week has been super busy so far, and it's only Wednesday. At work we have what's known as "shut-down" where our building gets, well, shut down. Only for a week but during that time we deep clean and fix things that can't be done while we're surrounded with guests. There are a few good things about it, you get to work with people who's shifts don't normally cross yours, you get to work as many hours as you want to, and you get to wear normal clothes while blasting the music. The bad things about it are that you have to work-a lot- to get the things on your list checked off, you have to balance shut down maintenance with your normal everyday workload and then there's the waking up 6 hours before you usually do to get there early. But I'll take the overtime while I can, since things are still not looking good for poor old Michigan.

One thing I'm excited about is that it's raining here. And not just sprinkling, it's pouring cats and dogs with a fierce wind. We needed the rain so much, in August we set records for how dry it was. Maybe this will break the humidity? Wishful thinking. This has been one of the hottest summers I can remember. It's hard to breathe outside. This weekend is, however, supposed to be a high of around 70 so maybe fall is right around the corner? Let's hope.

...Not that it matters, I am moving into autumn with or without the weather's cooperation. I currently have Home Alone on the TV, which I consider to be a Christmas movie, and I have a Yankee Candle in Cozy Home burning and it smells ahhmazing! Apparently (after searching on Google for the better half of an hour) it's discontinued. It makes me want to blow it out and not burn it but it just smells so yummy, like all the scents of fall melted into a cute little orange jar.

=Anyway, on to the beauty part of this blurb. I'm contemplating dying my hair dark(er). Right now, it's a medium brown with blonde highlights. The highlights are growing out, a lot, and I'm sick of giving up mucho dinero for hair appointments. Plus with the winter months coming, I like a change. I'm just unsure. I picked up a box of Garnier Fructris hair color because it's my favorite kind. The avacado and grape seed oil really nourish my hair and make it silky smooth. I got the color Chestnut, or Medium Golden Brown. Still iffy on the color and if I should even color it at all...




=In other news, I picked up the new Soft Lips in the flavor Chai Tea. I'm not too impressed with the scent, I thought it would be more spicy but it's just a sweet vanilla-esque smell. It smells good, and fall like, don't get me wrong, I just was hoping for something that smelled more like the chai tea I order from Starbucks. Great conditioning as always and I love the size of the tube :)



I'm really hoping fall gets here soon. This weekend is going to be a good one. Saturday I may or may not go into work, but if I do, it will only be until about noon. Then, at 2:30pm it's UofM Football kick-off time baby! I can't wait! BDubs, Beer and my couch is all I want. Then at night, we're heading to Detroit for a really good friend's birthday. Sunday we have a Labor Day BBQ at my mom's house and I'm sure my boyfriend's family will want to get together for Labor Day on Monday, which is fine, since we both have that day off. I'm just excited for things to come, finding a school to go to finish my degree, my birthday in two weeks and the holidays of course. For me, from September on, the rest of the year is the best time and I couldn't be happier :)

I'm sure I'll do a tutorial or OOTD on Saturday so I will see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment