Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Top 10 Favorite Candles!

Alright so I have to admit I'm a little obsessed with candles. I have an entire shelf full in my closet and one in every corner of the house. It was hard to pick just 10 but I narrowed it down to the ones I burn most and smell the best! You'll notice a lot of fall/winter type scents because those are my favorites!

In no particular order...

WoodWick Candle - Apple Orchard
I love WoodWick Candles because you can hear the wick crackling while they burn. It sounds like you're cozy by the fire. The name is dead on with this one...it smells like you're walking around the apple orchard on a fresh fall day.

Bath & Body Works - Black Amethyst
This scent is very deep and strong. I only burn this candle in the cold bitter winter, like now, because it smells so warm and cozy. This is from BBW Signature line so the scent is strong and fills the whole room-which I love. I have just about everything from the Black Amethyst line. BBW describes it as "Italian Bergamot and rare camellias with exotic sandalwood and a surprising twist of vetiver" whatever that means...

Slatkin & Co. (Bath & Body Works) - Winter Garland

This candle smells just like my Aunt's house for our family Christmas party. All those scents of Christmas like cinnamon, pine...just Holiday. That's the only way I can describe it.

WoodWick - Amber Woods
This candle is by far my favorite. It smells like a mix of a crisp Autumn day and guy's cologne. I love "boyfriend" type scents and this one takes the cake.
Slatkin & Co. (Bath & Body Works) - Spiced Cider
This one is another typical fall scent, but a little sweeter than the rest. It has some spicy and creaminess to it. It smells like a hot cup of mulled cider. Yum!

Yankee Candle - Cozy Home
What more can I say? They nailed it. Like a cozy fall day spent inside watching movies. Love. I feel like it's  being discontinued because I can't find it anywhere :'( It's a rare occasion when I burn this baby!



Slatkin & Co. (Bath & Body Works) -Autumn

Wow, another fall scent. It has always been my personal belief that there was some kind of mix-up and this candle was named Autumn, while the next one was named Leaves. The names should be switched because Autumn smells like fresh fall leaves and apples...

Slatkin & Co. (Bath & Body Works) - Leaves
...Leaves smells like all the scents of Autumn melted into one convenient candle. Both are amazing.

Yankee Candle - Vanilla Lime
This candle is NOT fall scented! Yay! This is the perfect candle for summer, but it's not tropical. It's creamy and sweet with some citrus. It smells so good. It makes me think of a hot, typically humid, Michigan summer day. Complete with flip-flops.


Yankee Candle - Fluffy Towels
And for the last (and my current favorite) candle...Fluffy Towels! It honestly smells like when you're outside in the spring and you walk by the dryer vent and get a big whiff of the fabric softener. Ahh-mazing.


Well there you have it, my favorite candles. (Because I know you were all dying to know.)

What are your favorite candles? Brands? Types of scents?

-Liz :)

1 comment: