Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easy spring-time look without liner! :)

First toot! Yay!

Here we go...first step. You want to apply concealer under your eye to cover any dark circles. Here I'm using Clinique Advanced Concealer. Gently dot it onto your eye and pat in using your ring finger.
 









Next, apply a primer to make your shadow last longer and help to prevent creasing. Use your favorite skin tone primer for this look, I'm going to be using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
Make sure to apply it all over your eye lid up to your brow bone as well as along your lower lash line.





Now we're going to use a warm neutral color all over the lid using a flat shader brush. I'm using Truffle by Ulta.
Then, using a small crease brush (mine is from Studio Tools at Target), place a medium brown in the crease. I'll be using MAC's Satin Taupe.

Now it's time to blend. I like to take a shade that is inbetween the lid and crease color to blend them seamlessly together using a fluffy brush. I'm going to be using Private Beach by Victoria's Secret.

Then, apply a highlight color. I love using my Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette for that. I'll be using the light yellow color 4th column from the left, 3rd row down.

To apply highlight to the inner corner with the same color, I use a lip brush from ELF because it fits perfectly.




Now the fun part! Take an angled eyeliner brush, like this one from Sonia Kashuk.





Spray the brush lightly with MAC Fix + and dab it on to your favorite brightly colored eyeshadow. Some people say this ruins the eyeshadow (though, not in my opinion) so try to use one that you don't normally use dry. I'm using the Coastal Scents 88 Color Palette because there are so many good choices. I chose a turquoise blue color.

Now, I have seen some YT gurus doing this look recently. I have been using a bright eyeshadow as a liner on the top lid for years and I thought this was perfect for spring so it's definitely an inspired look. 
Take the angled brush, starting in the center of your lower lash line and pat the shadow on to create a line. Run the line from your outer corner and stop it where your inner corner starts. Remember to spray the brush again before doing the other eye, it will make a big difference!
Apply a double coat of your favorite mascara on the top and bottom lashes and you're good to go! Beautiful! :)

Final look with NYX blush in Natural, MAC MSF in Perfect Topping, Viva Glam Gaga lipstick and Little Vi gloss...don't mind  puffy yellow cheek, still swollen from a wisdom tooth removal! :) Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment