Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Couple Things...

Here are a few things that have to do with the fall season...in Martha Stewart's words, here are some "good things."

First up, pumpkins. I love the look of them for fall decorating purposes, plus the taste of them in just about every form. What I don't like, however, is the way they are adored and eaten by squirrels. I have more squirrels in my neighborhood than I'm pretty sure populate the rest of the nation. And those squirrels are on my pumpkins like Kid Rock at Waffle House. Take a look...

I've tried mixing cayenne pepper with hot water and pouring it on them, I sprayed them with Pam and sprinkled cayenne on them and it rained all last night so it washed it away. While they were still wet from rain, right after this picture was taken, I sprinkled more pepper on them. I hope it works. Little bastards. They're a dumb animal too. I would never run over one on purpose but they run in front of cars and look around. Do they have no sense of sound or sight? I don't get it...

Enough for my rant on squirrels...another thing I've been loving is this eye look I created for a family Oktoberfest I went to last weekend.


I used Wet n Wild Nutty on the lid with Bare Escentuals Celestine over top, followed by MAC Satin Taupe in the crease with a little bit of Lorac Garnet in the outer v. I put MAC Shroom as an inner corner highlight, MAC Vanilla as a brow highlight and for liner I used Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir smudged on the upper lash line and Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner Pencil in Black Magic on the waterline. I smudged the same colors from the lid on the lower lash line and topped it off with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara on top and bottom lashes. I really like how this turned out, I think the warm tone of Garnet really helped bring out the blue in my eyes.


















Another thing that is meaningless but one of those little things that just makes me happy is this pillow:
 I got it from Ikea, about a week or so ago so they probably still have them. It was only about $14 and I love that it looks like a cozy sweater. I had to change out my Liberty of London pillows anyway and this one is just too cute. My only wish would be more color options, as far as I know, the cream color is the only one available.

Thanks for being here!

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment